Click to view full size
A planned protest by the Communication Workers Union (CWU) outside TSTT House in Port of Spain was cancelled at the last minute on Friday morning after police contacted the union to withdraw permission for the demonstration.
CWU secretary general Joanne Ogeer said she was informed by police in a phone call early Friday that the protest could no longer proceed.
Ogeer said permission had been granted for the demonstration as recently as Thursday, and she had been told that the union could proceed provided the protest remained peaceful.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "CWU protest cancelled after police rescind permission"