
Click to view full size
KINGSTON, Jamaica — State Minister Abka Fitz-Henley says, following a commitment made by Prime Minister Andrew Holness in December last year, the Government is accelerating the implementation phase of using funds donated in the aftermath of Hurricane Melissa to support the provision of houses to Jamaicans whose dwellings were destroyed by the weather system.
Hurricane Melissa made landfall in October 2025 causing widespread destruction to the western region of the island.
Minister Fitz-Henley reiterated that progress is being made in the roll-out of modular houses to Jamaicans affected while speaking with the media following a function at Jamaica House on Thursday.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "Implementation phase of using donated funds to provide houses to Jamaicans underway, says Fitz-Henley"