
Click to view full size
GENEVA, Switzerland (AFP) — A member of the MV Hondius cruise ship crew who disembarked in Tenerife and was repatriated to the Netherlands was confirmed Friday as a new hantavirus case, the World Health Organization (WHO) said.
“Today, the Netherlands confirmed an additional case among a crew member who disembarked in Tenerife, was repatriated to the Netherlands and has been isolating since then,” World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Friday, adding that there were now 12 suspected and confirmed cases in total, including three deaths.
The crew member has since been taken to hospital, Dutch authorities said.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "WHO says ‘additional case’ of hantavirus reported in Netherlands"