
Click to view full size
Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation, Eli Zakour, says Caribbean Airlines will cut down on some of its unprofitable routes in a bid to save more than TT$120 million.
In a statement in the House of Representatives on Friday, he said a comprehensive review by Caribbean Airlines’ Route Oversight Committee has found that several routes introduced during the 2023 Eastern Caribbean expansion were launched without sufficient commercial justification and have since generated sustained financial losses.
Within the last year, the airline discontinued its Jamaica to Fort Lauderdale route, which generated US$7.2 million in losses, and its Trinidad to Puerto Rico route, which saw $4.92 million in losses.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "Caribbean Airlines Axes Routes After Millions In Losses"