
Click to view full size
WASHINGTON, United States (AFP)—United States (US) Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Tuesday that the World Health Organization, the UN body from which President Donald Trump pulled out, was late in identifying a deadly outbreak of Ebola.
Asked by reporters how the United States would respond to the virus outbreak, Rubio said: “The lead is obviously going to be CDC (the Centers for Disease Control) and the World Health Organization, which was a little late to identify this thing unfortunately.”
Rubio said that the United States, which has committed around $13 million in assistance after sweeping aid cuts last year, was hoping to open around 50 clinics to treat Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "Rubio says WHO was ‘a little late’ on identifying Ebola outbreak"