Click to view full size
Police Commissioner Allister Guevarro says he followed established procedures when he took five days of emergency leave earlier this month to travel outside Trinidad and Tobago, but he remains tight-lipped about the reason for the trip.
In a statement, Guevarro said he applied to Homeland Security Minister Roger Alexander on August 10 for emergency leave after receiving information from the Director of the Strategic Services Agency and the Head of Special Branch.
He said the minister approved the request, and he was subsequently informed that the relevant correspondence had been forwarded to the Police Service Commission.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "Guevarro says emergency travel followed procedure; refuses to disclose reason"