
Click to view full size
Four years after concerns were first raised about the G$1.4 billion Port Kaituma stelling project, the facility remains unfinished, with A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) Member of Parliament Sherrod Duncan accusing the Government of allowing critical infrastructure to languish while residents remain dependent on an ageing ferry service.
Duncan returned to the Port Kaituma site on Saturday with former Member of Parliament Ronald Cox and his team and said the project remains effectively at a standstill.
Residents told the delegation there had been “no meaningful movement at the site for more than a year,” according to Duncan, who said he has been raising concerns about the project since 2022.
The portable companion to gazettE. Get notifications, track read articles, and more. The latest news from Trinidad and Tobago, in one place.
Related stories
See articles related to "‘Edghill Must Go: Four Years Later, Wharf Still Incomplete’ — Duncan"